Comprehensive College Prep Discussion
Our services begin with a comprehensive discussion on how to maximize the value of high school and how to navigate the college application process. This session provides answers to the following questions and more. We do individual sessions with families or with school groups.
- What are our college options?
- What is the best way to approach PSAT, SAT and ACT testing?
- What criteria do colleges look at in making admissions decisions?
- How does a student develop a resume?
- How do we identify specific colleges appropriate for our student?
- How would you describe the “ideal” college visit?
- How do we manage the financial aspects of college?
- What is the process for applying for scholarships?
- How do students determine which colleges might be the best fit for them?
- What can students do to differentiate themselves from other applicants?
- How do students write a compelling essay?
- How do students go about getting the best recommendations?
- What specific things do students need to do and by when to complete their college applications?
Individual College Coaching
After our initial College Prep discussion, you may decide to work through the process on your own with the resources provided, or we can provide additional help with any part of the college process whether it’s high school planning, developing your college list, organizing your college efforts or writing college or scholarship essays. All you need to do is let us know where you would like assistance, and we will go from there.
We also conduct College Prep workshops for schools and can develop essay workshops for groups of students.
Lifemap College Prep provides a customized, comprehensive, and affordable approach to college planning. Call Debbie at 214-763-9670 for more details.